Group Based Discussion allows instructors and students to post to a subset of students in the class, suitable for when your class consists of multiple sections or project teams.
2. Click on the Create Groups tab:
3. Click Create Groups to set up groups in your class:
4. You can create numbered groups (Team 1, Team 2, etc.) or custom groups:
Note: At this time, we don't support editing group names.
5. Once you have created your groups, select whether students can self-join groups, or assign students to groups by clicking on the group title:
6. Enroll students by pasting their email addresses into the field. Instructors are automatically enrolled in every group:
Students and instructors can post to members of their group:
The group post will be labeled in the feed, and only visible to members of that group: